General Terms and Conditions for Munich Network Events
§ 1 Applicability
(1) These general terms and conditions are valid for the participation at events hosted by Munich Network – Netzwerk München e.V. or Munich Network GmbH as well as the online order of any goods offered on this website and the order of conference papers, CD-ROMs or files via the internet or letter mail.
(2) The terms and conditions can be viewed online, saved as PDF or sent to you in paper form when requested.
(3) As long as the specific clauses in these terms and conditions do not state something divergent, the laws of the Federal Republic of Germany are to apply.
(4) Deviating terms and conditions imposed by the participant are void.
§ 2 Conclusion of Contract
The depiction of products on the websites of Munich Network – Netzwerk München e.V. and Munich Network GmbH is not a legally binding offer in the sense of §§ 145 ff. BGB, but solely a non-committal product catalogue. By clicking the button “register” you are placing a legally binding order. You will receive a confirmation of your order immediately after its placement. During the order process, the liability of an unsolvable corrupt transmission of the order is with the customer. The conclusion of the contract is finished with the aforementioned order confirmation. Additionally, you will receive an invoice via mail.
§ 3 Number of Participants
The number of participants is limited. Applications will be considered in order of their receipt. If your participation is impossible due to overcrowding, you will immediately be notified.
§ 4 Participation Fee
(1) The specified participation fee will be listed with and without Value Added Taxes. The board and lodging of participants will only be taken care of by Munich Network – Netzwerk München e.V. or Munich Network GmbH if it is explicitly included in the event offering.
(2) Payments are to be transferred to the bank account specified on the invoice stating your invoice number by no later than 10 days after date of invoice.
(3) A cancellation of your registration is only possible in a written way. If your cancellation reaches Munich Network – Netzwerk München e.V. or Munich Network GmbH before end of a day, which lies ahead of the event (without counting the day of the event itself) at least the number of days specified as “Cancellation Deadline”, the participation fee will be refunded. If your cancellation is received on a later date or you don’t show up for the event, you will be invoiced for the full participation fee. The charges for late cancellation or not showing up don’t apply if you register a replacement participant or if there are no fees for the event.
§ 5 Change of Date or Program
(1) If the number of participants is too low or if there are other urgent reasons, the event can be postponed, cancelled or consolidated with another event. In this case, the participant has the right to withdraw and be refunded. The participant is not entitled to be refunded for costs of travel and accommodation or non-productive time, except if those costs are based on grossly negligent conduct by Munich Network – Netzwerk München e.V. or Munich Network GmbH.
(2) Changes of program due to important reasons shall remain reserved. In justified cases this especially includes having other speakers than the announced ones conduct the event.
§ 6 Conference Material
Conference papers or software, which have been provided for the event by Munich Network – Netzwerk München e.V. or Munich Network GmbH must not be reproduced, processed, distributed or made publicly available without written permission of Munich Network – Netzwerk München e.V. and Munich Network GmbH. Contraventions by a participant will be met with claims for compensation.
§ 7 Warranty
All events are thoroughly prepared and conducted by qualified authors or speakers. Munich Network – Netzwerk München e.V. and Munich Network GmbH do not warrant the up-to-dateness, accuracy and integrity of conference papers and event contents. The same holds true for given advice and economic applicability of the acquired knowledge. Apart from that the warranty for the events follows the legal requirements.
§ 8 Liability
(1) Damage claims by the participant, no matter on what legal reason they are founded, especially if they are founded on violation of contract duty or unlawful act, are ruled out. This does not hold true for mandatory liability like for malice, grossly negligent conduct, bodily harm or fundamental breach of contract. If there is a fundamental breach of contract the liability is constrained to compensation for the average damage, which according to the kind of event was foreseeable, typical for the contract and immediate, except if there is any mandatory liability based on another one of the aforementioned reasons for legally mandatory liability.
(2) Apart from that damage claims – without consideration of their legal nature – are constrained to the amount of the participation fee.
§ 9 Participant Data and Privacy
(1) Munich Network – Netzwerk München e.V. and Munich Network GmbH are pointing out, that participants have to state their correct address and contact data. Munich Network – Netzwerk München e.V. and Munich Network GmbH reserve the right to take legal action in case of a violation.
(2) Participants should be aware of the fact, that their data will be saved in machine-readable form and processed by Munich Network – Netzwerk München e.V. and Munich Network GmbH according to the purpose of the contractual relationship. Munich Network – Netzwerk München e.V. and Munich Network GmbH guarantee confidential handling of the data. By registering the customer declares his or her consent to the retention and processing of his or her data. At any time the customer has the right to look through his or her saved data and have details changed or deleted.
(3) Munich Network – Netzwerk München e.V. and Munich Network GmbH reserve the right to check a customer’s solvency, identity and/or his or her right to use the specified credit card. In this regard, it might be necessary for a customer to convey a copy of his or her ID card or the specified credit card. You are receiving this piece of information according to the regulations of § 33 par. 1 Bundesdatenschutzgesetz (BDSG).
§ 10 Final Clauses
(1) Insofar as these terms and conditions require a written form, an e-mail or telefax message also fulfills this requirement.
(2) For all legal relationships emerging from the registration to events hosted by Munich Network – Netzwerk München e.V. or Munich Network GmbH, the law of the Federal Republic of Germany is the applicable law.
(3) The mandatory language for all contracts is German.
(4) The place of jurisdiction is Munich, as long as the registrant is a merchant, a legal entity under public law or a special fund under public law.
(5) If a clause of these terms and conditions is void or subject to appeal, the rest of these terms and conditions remains valid.
§ 11 Cancellation Right
Cancellation right for the registration to events
(1) The following 2nd paragraph is only valid for consumers, i.e. if the event registration is for a reason, that can’t be connected to a commercial or self-employed activity of the registrant.
(2) The contract can be cancelled within 14 days of receiving the registration confirmation and a detailed cancellation policy in written form. The cancellation does not need to be reasoned, but it has to be in written form (e.g. letter, fax, e-mail). For keeping of the term, the timely forwarding of the cancellation is sufficient. The cancellation right for a service expires, if the contractor has already begun with the execution of the service with expressed consent of the consumer before the end of the cancellation period of 14 days or if the consumer prompts the execution of the service before the end of the cancellation period him- or herself.